Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Depeche Mode in a Techno Mood

Well, that is to say DM's Martin Gore and founding/former Depeche member Vince Clarke.

Vince Clarke and Martin Gore are VCMG (easy enough), and while their album SSSS was released this time last year, of course I'm just hearing it. Pffft. 

The idea to make a purely electronic, techno album was Clarke's, who came to Gore with a collaboration proposal after 30 years of working separately (wherein Clarke's baby Depeche Mode only went on to become the most successful electronic group of all time). Gore, whose love of dance music and thereby any reason to wear glitter matches his former bandmate's, accepted.

So here we are. While I don't call myself the biggest techno fan, I do believe it goes straight to the heart, and the simplicity of SSSS really drives it home. Here is one of my faves from SSSS, "Single Blip":


Dig.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment