Thursday, October 10, 2013

'Twas the Night Before ACLFest...

Fuck, fuck, fuck. That's the majority of what my inner dialogue consists of when I've got nothing packed the night before a morning flight.

Nothing's different about this night. My flight to Austin leaves at 9:30 tomorrow morning, and I only just now got the smorgasbord of clothing for the weekend (most of which I won't wear) rolled into my suitcase. As per usual, there are several other items on my checklist that need attention by the time I head out in seven hours, and I'm just trusting that they'll get done. They always do.

So here we are! The second weekend of the Austin City Limits Festival is upon us. I feel pretty bizarre right now, observing the prospect of what lay before me; I've never been to a festival this size--with this many bands I feel moderate to severe affection for--much less gone alone! But shoots, I thrive on solo adventures. Texas 'bout to get messed.

But then for all the excitement I feel, I'm equally sad to be away from my son for four days. I know he'll be having a jolly time with his dad, but I've never been away from him that long, and I am totally buggin! He's the best! Don't be surprised if I sad-post late at night when I'm crying into my pillow.

Of course there are any number of reasons why I could be crying this weekend. As I prepare for this half-country trip, sifting through the bullshit that such a thing entails, I've at times forgotten my true purpose for this weekend: seeing some fantastic shows. Depeche Mode tomorrow night, for example. The Cure on Saturday, Atoms for Peace on Sunday. These are just the headliners I've chosen, by the by, and there will be much merriment to be had long before each of them go on late in the evening. And in case you were wondering: yes I'm still resentful that Depeche and Muse are scheduled at the same time. Theoretically I will be able to catch the last half hour of Muse's set once DM finishes, sooo we'll just see how that plays out.

There are actually a few schedule conflicts like that which might cramp my style (Saturday afternoon is going to be a right clusterfuck until I drop everything for Grimes at 5:00), but I am confident that all will unfold with perfect wisdom. Cuz all is a full of love, muthafuckas.

I'm tired of talking, you're tired of reading. Let's go to bed and wake up and go to Texas. Goodnight.

p.s. If you want to follow along this weekend, watch the official webcast! Dig!

No comments:

Post a Comment