Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Round and Round

Well, what an abundant day yesterday is! I attracted some money through a quick gig, which completely reenergized me. If only for three hours, I had a purpose! I checked our Craigslist's email Sunday night and found a response from a woman needing a story typed. Easy as pie. I called her straightaway and arranged to meet her in Boston the next day (Monday) at 2:00 to pick up the photocopied story. She just needed it typed and emailed to her so she would have it in her computer, as she is a writer, yet a slow typist, and is including the story in...come to think of it, I never asked. And she even bought me a hot chocolate near the T station. Damn. But she paid me first thing and trusted me to send her the story by Wednesday. By 5:00 I was emailing her the finished product. She says she'll recommend me to any friends who need help as well. Awww swell!

Anywho, I got a life-saving $45 out of the deal, which not only paid our car insurance in the nick of time but also got us a quick trip to the grocery store. That little boost gave us both a shot of confidence and faith. I am so grateful for the opportunity to eat and drive another day! I could do that 1000 times, and looky there, I'd have $45,000. Not so hard.

A short while after my last post on Sunday night (before the job email) I really started to lose it, and my eyes burned red from the constant flow of tears. Mike really didn't know what to do, so I hobbled upstairs where Mom and Peter were eating dinner. I just stood there silently for a moment and stumbled into the kitchen. Mom asked if I was feeling well and followed me. It took me a couple minutes to regain composure. When I'm falling apart sometimes just being in the presence of my mom allows me to completely let go emotionally. We talked it through, my feelings of utter purposelessness and boredom ripping me apart. But it's more than just boredom, I explained it to Mike as if the Universe has forgotten us down here in this cave, and I have no idea where to go to be seen anymore. She was completely supportive and made suggestions I agreed with. It was a refreshing, necessary conversation. Maybe I just needed to connect with my mother after feeling so much disconnect. Maybe the first step in reminding the Universe to see me was reminding my mom.

And one last tidbit: I've made a penny off this blog, too! Mike loves to check stats, and he noticed I have successfully earned one cent from the Google ads on the side there. I honestly hadn't even noticed them, but I guess someone reading did. Thanks a lot! Keep it up!

Short but sweet. See ya later.

No comments:

Post a Comment