Wednesday, August 28, 2013

DON'T BOMB SYRIA! We MEAN IT This Time!

We are not seriously going to do this again.

I want to see the "undeniable" evidence Obama's peeps keep talking about, that the Syrian government is indeed responsible for the gruesome chemical attacks on thousands of its own people last week. Because so far, I ain't seen shit. There is, on the other hand, some alarming evidence to the contrary

Really though, fuck if I know. I am a proficient rock historian and a snappy dresser, not an expert on the aesthetics of WMDs. Also, there are no English translations on these videos.

But I can smell bullshit, like when the US government is lying through its teeth to evoke an emotional response from us in order to carry out its selfish, fruitless agendas. Feeling a strong sense of déjà vu here. It doesn't take expertise to know that the UN Security Council has not completed its investigation into the attacks and that a hasty bombing on the Syrian people would be the wrong fucking move. "More death to stop death!" I am so sick of this twisted logic. 

Here's a really insightful interview with Syrian president Bashar al-Assad on the current situation and his thoughts on Western intervention. He asserts that the Syrian Army had no role in the horrifying chemical attacks and that it's a "politicized" and emotional accusation, not one which is based on fact or evidence, and that if the Western powers (i.e. 'Merrica) choose to intervene for their own self-centered interests, they will regret it. Now I don't know how deep the rabbit hole goes on this guy, but I don't like the sound of that!

So there's that. Again, I repeat: I don't know anything for sure because this is complicated and messy, but I want the truth, and we Americans deserve to know if our government plans to drag us into yet another insidious war. Until we know what's going on I have absolutely no interest in blindly getting behind the bombs.

WTF moment, for funsies: The US government condemns terrorism when it doesn't suit their interests and supports it when it does. A couple years ago we were fighting Al-Qaeda in Iraq and now we and our allies are funding them in Syria. Tricksy corrupted governmentses.

I'm going back to blogging about music now; this shit is exhausting.

Speaking of, to feed the conspiratorial and heavy metal-loving aspects of myself, I'm going to see Muse for the first time next Tuesday! I have my own interpretation of this song which I think serves the purpose of this post, but either way this video is fucking killer and you should know it:




QUICK QUIZ! Where's Syria?


xx





No comments:

Post a Comment