Monday, February 25, 2013

Unknown Pleasures Await

I woke several times throughout last night's 14-hour sleep (shut up, it was a reeaallly long Sunday) with this Joy Division song in my head.  Yikes, wonder what that means. :/

Anyway, enjoy a live clip of "New Dawn Fades" here, any reason to see Ian Curtis' mad dancing skillz:



It's fitting enough in the wake of former Joy Division bassist (now of New Order) Peter Hook's new memoir Unknown Pleasures: Inside Joy Division, released last month.  From what I understand, this is the first full tale about the iconic band to be told by one of the original members.

I only discovered the book's existence upon seeing it in Malaprop's a week or so ago.  I haven't read it yet, but obviously I want to.  So for any AVL Joy Division fans, it's at Malaprop's.  If you buy it you should lend it to me. 

For a band that was so short-lived, its weighty influence and endurance in rock history is unmatched.  Reading the intimate untold stories should be nothing less than an absolute pleasure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment